Vastu, as the name suggests, is a combination of two words, Vas, i.e. Dwell and Tu, i.e. You. Together in conjunction these form Vastu and hold prime importance in our day-to-day living.
The history of Vastu Shastra or its description is as old as the human civilization. The origin of the same comes right from the Vedas; Atharva Veda talks a lot about Vastu Shastra and its impacts.
From the aesthetic point of view among creation of human beings VastuShastra is important and ranked high. In fact, Vastu Shastra is charming, amorous, and pleasant; and is possessed by its permanent value and most attractive elements of human civilization.
Its importance has been explained in the Indian civilization thousand years ago. According to it before constructing our house, hotel, factory, office, clinic, hospital, restaurant, inn or temple etc., we should know the five elements and do the construction accordingly so that one gets PEACE, PROSPERITY & HAPPINESS.
Vaastu – Introduction
These five elements are as under :
Our body is made of these five elements and therefore in this whole process Vastu Shastra has been very much advantageous.
Many people do not know this in the beginning but when they come to know, they are required to make changes in their houses at the cost of lots of money, time, effort and energy. Instead, it’s always advisable to approach a VastuShastri for guidance at an early stage itself.
Vastu Shastra not only talks about the construction aspect, but also features on the right time to start the construction, the correct time to perform a puja and occupy the house, and much more.
Let all beings be Happy by using Vastu concept, is what we aspire for and work towards.
- Toilet in North-East and Brahmasthan of the house is NOT RECOMMENDED by any standards
- North-East toilet not just impacts the head of the family, but also children and invites ill health for all
- A Ganesha statue at the entrance of a commercial place creates positive energy and encourages people to come back
- Place a Ganesha picture or Shri Yantra on the blank wall facing an entrance
- Light a lamp daily in the evening near the water pot in the house
- Pigeons entering a house are inauspicious
- Cactus or any thorny plant, other than rose plant, should not be kept in the house
- Lighting a Lamp in the south is auspicious but no Yagya should be performed there.
- South side walls should be highest and thickest
- A main gate in the south east direction causes dehydration, and kidney malfunction
- A main gate in a broken or decrepit condition causes unhappiness to the owner
- And many more...